The mission of the Lower Columbia Diversity Project (LCDP) is to engage pro-actively with diversity issues in the region, educate the community on the benefits of diversity, tolerance, and inclusion, and provide a forum through which individuals, groups, and organizations may address concerns relating to diversity in the community.
Upcoming events are listed below and in the right column. We will post details as they are firmed up, mark your calendars.
- Thursday, March 13th – Conversation Project “We Are What We Eat”, Co-hosted with North Coast Food Web, 7 pm at the Judge Guy Boyington Building, 857 Commercial Ave, Astoria, OR
- Friday, March 21st – Baha’i co-hosting presentation on healing racism – Cherry Steinwender, Executive Director, The Center for the Healing of Racism http://www.centerhealingracism.org/
- Sunday, March 30th – “Something Old, Something New” Exploring the State of Marriage with Leslie Dunlap, 2-4 pm at the Judge Guy Boyington Building, 857 Commercial Street, Astoria, OR
- Sunday, April 6th – The Harbor (WRC) panel presentation on Sexual Assault – part of Sexual Assault Awareness Month, 2–4 pm, at the Judge Guy Boyington Building, 857 Commercial Ave, Astoria, OR
- Sunday, April 27th – “Church and State” Conversation Project, 2-4 pm, at the Judge Guy Boyington Building, 857 Commercial Ave, Astoria, OR
- Wednesday, April 30th – “Walk With Me” – end of Sexual Assault Awareness Month, 4–5 pm
- None at this time.
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.